Topic-icon What new board for beginner

Last summer I start windsurfing and get better went from a 220L to 180L. I learn both turns and got on the plane once!

I am 191cm and 105kg.

I learn using a 180L Rio Starboard with daggerboard. When I was tired I would fall on slow turns trying to walk around the board.

I want to find a new board + kit around 1500euros

What is better or any other options?

1. www.windsurf-shop.gr/product-page/windsu...echno-254x81cm-160-l

2.www.windsurf-shop.gr/product-page/windsu...-285x79cm-185-l-blue

2. www.boardshop.gr/en/windsurf-boards/353-...tos-180lit-2017.html

I think 160L should be ok if I improve

Thanks for any help

Παρακαλούμε Σύνδεση ή Δημιουργία λογαριασμού για να συμμετάσχετε στη συζήτηση.

Welcome to the forum!
Why are you thinking to buy so big board?
The problem will be that very soon you will enter the the next level and this board will be useless for you.
If you want some more practice in a big board for beginners you can make some lessons in a windsurfing school and for your own board you can buy a board about 145 lt, so with this you can pass all the summer!

Thank you for your reply

I start to windsurf last summer and learn as a beginner in the school but I pay so much money to rent the board I decide to buy my own.

The 180L was easy to haul the sail, is it also with the 145L?

Have a look here in order to get an idea about rider weight/board volume compatibility:
www.surfertoday.com/board-size-chart/windsurf

For your 105 kg body weight, 160lt should be good for learning and improving. You will keep it for at least 2 years (assuming that you practice on average at least two times/week all year round).
It will be challenging at the beginning, but enjoy-full, without being too difficult which might discourage you from pressing on.

There are some great free-ride boards offerings at this volume from the majority of the manufacturers.

Buy a wide 145lt, such as Magic Ride, X-cite etc, with a width around 80mm. This in a used but top condition. This would be your primary board.

Then find a very good deal, to buy a 160 used, ok condition and cheap for the days with no wind.

Sail 5.0-6.0 and you'll be more than fine!

Hi, I buy a 150 JP Magic Ride. Yesterday i sail it first time with a 5.0 but most of the time I sink the board and fell on every turn!

I hope it gets easier

Χρόνος δημιουργίας σελίδας: 0.085 δευτερόλεπτα
Slide thumbnail4sports Special Offers

banner zeus foils

banner zeus foils

glaridis 4sports surf shop

Τελευταία Posts

windyweek forecasts